Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- Submission has not been previously published, nor is it under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Correspondence author is authorized by co-authors to enter into agreements with IODP publications.
- Manuscript has been approved by all listed authors and by their respective institutes, if required.
- Submitted material does not infringe on any published or copyrighted material.
- Permission has been granted to reproduce any previously published or copyrighted material (submit documentation of such permissions under “Other”).
- Submission includes abstract and acknowledgements with funding source and grant number if applicable.
- Affiliations and ORCID ids (if applicable) for all co-authors are included in the Comments box below.
- The names and email addresses of up to three reviewers for your manuscript are posted in the Comments box below.
- The page count of the text document, number of figures, and number of tables are included in the Comments box below.
Data Reports are included as chapters in the Expedition Research Results section of the Proceedings of the International Ocean Discovery Program volume for a specified expedition. Data reports present shore-based analyses of samples from cores collected during or after the expedition and generally contain tabular data set(s) and supporting graphics but do not contain interpretation of results. Data reports can be submitted up to 30 months post-moratorium and are published within 2–3 months after acceptance.
Synthesis manuscripts are included as chapters in the Synthesis section of the Proceedings of the International Ocean Discovery Program volume for a specified expedition. Synthesis manuscripts combine expedition research results from several sources into a single manuscript. Syntheses can represent a single research topic or can encompass a larger subset or all of an expedition’s research results.
IODP publications are Gold Open Access; therefore, data and information from Data Reports and Syntheses can be reproduced, shared, and reused for any purpose.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License. Unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction is permitted, provided the original author and source are credited http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/deed.en_US. The authors retain copyright to the material and grant IODP license to publish the manuscript and to identify as the original publisher.